In past years, I’ve skipped the whole resolution thing. Perhaps due to laziness or not thinking they held any weight. I’ve decided that I could maybe do with a bit of planning and goal setting, and so here I am. We’ll see how it goes. So without further wait, here are my New Years resolutions for 2013:
1. A Mile a Day: This one is starting off on a bad foot because I’m not starting it today. I’ve seen people doing this on Instagram (follow me: kimblygrace), but mine will be a little different. I’m going to count several things towards this so it’s more like “be active every day.” So doing a mile, cardio barre, dance class, insanity, and riding my bike will all count. Since I’ll be traveling and missing days, running more miles will count towards multiple days and so on. I just need to be more active and this will help.
2. As All Get Out: I let my accessory line fall by the wayside this year. I always get compliments on my necklaces and headbands but I don’t commit nearly enough time to creating them and keeping up with my Etsy. I want it back up and running by the end of the month.
3. Can I Get A What What (aka this blog!): I need to update more and work on creating better and different content. Several posts a week would be ideal.
4. Take More Pictures: I used to document my life and I miss that. This one will also help with the blog updates.
5. Cook More: My good friend, Liz, and I have been trying to plan dinner dates where we find recipes and then cook together. Whether it’s with friends or by myself, I need to cook more often and be more mindful of what I’m putting into my body. I already started last year with cutting out the frozen pizzas every night. Now this is an extension of that.
6. Time Management: There is so much I want to do. Dance classes, cooking, learning guitar, learning Spanish (especially for my trip to Spain!), etc. I need to put myself on a schedule and stick to it.
7. Simplifiy: I own a lot of stuff. More than I need. I want to start clearing out and keeping my place more organized. Though I can find most things easily, it would be good practice for when Will and I move in together.
I think that’s about it right now. Mostly, it’s going to be about adopting a “do it now” attitude versus the “it can wait until tomorrow” one. My later self will thank me.
Anyone else make any resolutions this year? I’d love to know what they are!
P.S. The above photo was taken by my friend last night at Hard Rock. Citywalk was insane and I was definitely in full on work mode. I still managed to get my New Year’s kiss though, so it all worked out!